Head of Health and Safety and Business Continuity
HCA Healthcare UK is the country's largest provider of privately funded care with 800,000 patient interactions every year.
From complex and urgent care, to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships in London and Manchester.
We're at the forefront of ground breaking medicine and our clinical standards are a given, but it's the individual care we to each patient give that means 99% of them recommend HCA UK. Our facilities include The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
The Head of Health, Safety and Business Continuity is responsible for developing, maintaining and testing HCA Healthcare UK’s Health & Safety and Business Continuity (Emergency Planning, Resilience and Response) program. Support the organisation as a whole to anticipate, respond to and recover successfully from disruptive events, specifically but not exclusively through implementation and maintenance of the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
This is a full time and permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary package dependent upon candidate experience. Along with a competitive salary, the incumbent will also receive 25 days holiday, private healthcare and our company flexible benefits scheme.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As the subject matter expert for the group, provide high level advice, support and guidance to the Group Chief Governance & Risk Officer, to ensure alignment of all EPRR policy, planning, initiatives, and ensure they are in accordance with the strategic intents of HCA Healthcare UK.
- As the most senior leader of Health & Safety within the group, develop and lead a collegial group of Health & Safety Managers including networking etc.
- Identify and make recommendations for change and adaptation to meet the needs of the business.
- Identify and make recommendations for solutions to obstacles and business challenges.
- Report to the Emergency Planning, Resilience and Response (EPRR) Committee (including responsibility for ensuring the secretariat function is maintained).
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience managing business continuity, Health & Safety or both within an organisation.
- Preferably holds a relevant qualifications (BSc or MSc in Risk, Crisis and Disaster Management or similar, or Business Continuity professional qualifications, NEBOSH Health & Safety Certificate, Degree or diploma in a related subject)
- Experience working in multi-agency teams.
- Healthcare experience is desirable.
- Understanding of risk management and how that relates to Business Continuity and Health & Safety
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.