Field Installation Engineer
Job Title: Field Installation Engineer
Location: Home Based
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 + company van + benefits
Our client is a leading manufacturer of specialist equipment to the commercial laundry industry. They are now recruiting for a Field Installation Engineer to join their existing team who will be responsible for working as part of the installation team covering the UK, mainly between the M62 and M4 corridors. Please note that this role may involve overnight stays Monday to Friday therefore you must be flexible with regards to this, in return you will receive some generous allowances for meals, accommodation and there is no weekend working.
SALARY £30,000 - £35,000, COMPANY VAN, LAPTOP, TOOLS & EQUIPMENT, UNIFORM, LAPTOP, MOBILE, 24 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 STATS, EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTORY PENSION, PRIVATE MEDICAL, BONUS SCHEME + OTHER BENEFITS TO BE DISCUSSED AT INTERVIEW STAGE.
Field Installation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Travelling to customer sites to install the companies’ equipment.
- Following technical / wiring diagrams to carry out installations and liaising with the project department.
- Ensuring that the quality of the installation is appropriate to the expected lifespan of the equipment.
- Commission the equipment on site to the agreed specification.
- Take remedial action where the equipment does not meet agreed specifications either on his/her own initiative or when required escalate to the engineering manager.
- Compliance with all company policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Advise the engineering manager or deputy of technical problems encountered and suggest improvements in any area.
Field Installation Engineer Applicant Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have a strong electrical engineering background and be qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Engineering or equivalent.
- Ideally 17th / 18th edition wiring regulations would be a bonus or something similar.
- Experience of dealing with installation of pipework would be advantageous.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Proactive, self-motivated and the ability to use your own initiative.
- Flexible with regards to staying away from home on regular occasions.
- Good organization skills with the ability to effectively manage timesheets, expenses, company vehicle etc.
Field Installation Engineer Benefits:
- £30,000 - £35,000 Salary.
- Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm.
- Company van, laptop, mobile, tools, uniform and PPE provided.
- Bonus scheme, Pension scheme, Private medical care.
- Company credit card and expenses paid.
- Allowances provided for accommodation, meals and drinks when away from home.
NOTE - Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force particularly those from an Electrical Engineering background i.e Royal Signals Electrician, Avionics Technician, Electrical Technician, Avionics Engineer, Marine Engineer, Aircraft Technician or similar.