- Quality Engineer (Working for an Engineering Manufacturer)
- Basic salary; £35,000 - £42,000 + excellent benefits
- Leading manufacturer of innovative engineering and rotating equipment used in processing optimisation
- Location; Home Counties. Commutable from Reading, Swindon, Basingstoke and Andover.
Mercury Hampton is exclusively retained on this vacancy.
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of mechanical engineering equipment used across the world for mixing and processing optimisation. Due to increased growth, an outstanding career opportunity has become available to join their engineering team as a Quality Engineer.
Reporting to the operations management team, you will be responsible for ensuring the supplied parts conform to the company’s high quality standards and meet the engineers drawings and customers specification. You will be tasked with continually improving the quality of products and services provided to the company’s global customer base. You will be responsible for the company’s quality management systems and ISO accreditation. In return you will have the opportunity to work for a well-respected SME sized company with an ambitious global growth strategy in place.
You will also be responsible for:
- Take a lead role in managing the companies QA strategy in order to maintain the company’s high standards.
- Work alongside internal teams and external clients to work through any quality issues or investigations.
- Drive quality improvement throughout the business and implement techniques such as 5 whys, 8D, PPAP, CAPA, FMEA and Ishikawa.
- Undertake quality audits and supplier inspections where necessary
- Carry out final quality inspections on products and systems
- Manage quality metrics and KPI’s
- Occasional travel may be required.
Skills and experience required:
- 5 years (minimum) Quality Engineering experience in a related industry is ideally required.
- You should hold an engineering qualification of some kind, maybe a Degree or HND.
- Familiar with mechanical inspection methods.
- Confident in customer facing situations, you will be required to interact with customers on the phone and possibly face to face.
- Willingness to accept and embrace change
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Strong attention to detail
- High work ethic, sound judgement, discretion at all times
- Prepared to undertake training
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineer who has a proven track record within a related industry, to develop a long term career in an excellent business that can facilitate constant learning and progression opportunities.
Please click on the apply button or contact Jack Woodcock at Mercury Hampton directly. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within 48 hours, however if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.