Red Rock Partnership Ltd are delighted to be working in partnership with their prestigious client based in Grantham who are currently looking for an experienced In-house Mortgage Advisor to join their busy team.
As an In-house Mortgage Advisor you will work alongside their established team within busy offices. You will provide professional advice in relation to the Mortgage and Protection needs of clients and leads will already be provided.
Other duties include:
- Meeting with clients to assess their financial circumstances including completing fact finds.
- Sourcing a mortgage, sometimes using specialist software such as Mortgage Brain or Trigold.
- Speaking with lenders to find out whether certain conditions can be met, or whether products are still available or liable to change.
- Advising clients on what mortgage is appropriate for their circumstances.
- Completing application forms for their clients.
- Calculating rental yields and criteria for buy to let properties.
- Speaking with lawyers, conveyancers, and estate agents to confirm details of a mortgage.
- Making sure that documentation is properly witnessed and signed.
- Looking after your client's affairs in an orderly and compliant manner.
- Mortgage Advisors may be inspected by the FSA without notice so having systematic documentation is imperative.
- Keeping records of when mortgage deals expire and contacting clients to minimise their long term costs.
- Keeping abreast of developments in relevant legislation and macro-economic events.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Acute listening skills - clients may not understand their needs and you need to be able to ask focussed questions in order to ascertain their needs.
- Negotiation skills - to speak to mortgage providers and their underwriters.
- Technical knowledge of the mortgage industry and specific areas.
- A knowledge of technical terms related to your field.
- Good numeracy and literary skills.
- A working knowledge of computers and computer programmes such as Excel and Word and also specialist programmes.
- The ability to work to a deadline.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer care and communication skills.
- Must be CeMAP qualified and have a good proven track record.
- Experience of working within a similar position is essential.
Hours and Salary:
- 40 Hours per week. These hours may be changed according to business levels with notice.
- Competitive Salary dependent on experience
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the above we would be delighted to receive your application.
Red Rock Partnership Ltd are working as a recruiting partner to handle all recruitment activity.
Due to the volume of applications unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest.