Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is looking to recruit a Despatch Supervisor for our client, an award winning fruit producer in Sittingbourne.
To prioritise tasks daily with the Warehouse and site services operator to meet all production and despatch requirements in an effective and timely manner, and to supply all areas of production with the relevant raw materials and ensure that all deliveries are prepared, booked off and loaded on time. Keep all relevant internal software systems up to date on all areas required for the role.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Manage, monitor and support the members of your team, including the monitoring and allocating of holiday requests ensuring that the business needs are taken into account before agreeing to such a request.
- Coordinate each day’s activities.
- Check all goods in and despatch items to ensure paperwork is correct prior to booking on the system.
- Liaise with the Production Team Leaders on items that would be 'load and go’.
- Liaise with the Scheduler and Production Clerk regarding any lorry times/issues/changes that you would be aware of.
- Complete all goods in and despatch transactions.
- Maintain and carry out pre-operational checks on fork lift trucks and report and concerns to the Production Manager.
- Attend training as required to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Carry out other functions to assist the Production Manager where applicable.
- Routinely inspect and manage chillers, freezers and other storage areas to maintain correct storage of materials
- Carryout required stock movement duties in line with Factory Master requirements
- Communicate with customers to organise the timely recovery of returnable packaging from suppliers
- Deliver daily production ingredients 'Pick List’ on time in full daily
- Address any Health and Safety issues and attend weekly H&S meeting
Working hours alternate weekly between 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm. You will be paid an hourly rate of £10.71 per hour.
Due to the location of our client, it is essential that you have your own transport.
If you are interested, please apply with an up to date CV.