Payment Services Team Leader
An ambitious and innovative specialist consumer lending business seeking a full time Payment Services Team Leader. The Team Leader will be responsible for managing a small team of Collections Agents ensuring ongoing training and motivation of the team, ensuring team members achieve their goals.
In overseeing the team, the Team Leader will also be responsible for assessing large amounts of data and therefore a strong analytical and reporting background would be advantageous.
Training will be given on the areas which we expect the person in question to operate as well as broader industry training with a view to potentially progressing the right person.
Key responsibilities include:
- The duties of the Team Leader include leading a small team of collection agents with the primary function of recovering outstanding debts in high volume a fast-paced retail finance environment;
- Hold regular meetings and 1-1's to improve performance and develop agents skills;
- Update the Operations Manager with daily Management Information (MI);
- Act as a key point of contact during the night shift and administer all tasks associated with running of the key account.
- Provide advice to agents in relation to collection issues all whilst ensuring excellent customer service;
- Authorise and process customer refunds;
- Monitor and update systems;
- To liaise with the key partner account in order resolve discrepancies and queries;
- Perform assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Operations Manager;
Key requirements are:
- Strong Recovery experience;
- A willingness to take personal responsibility for issues;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Possess a good understanding of the Mortgage Sale Process;
- Outgoing and comfortable dealing with customers on the telephone;
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbal and written;
- Aptitude to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent computer skills, Excel, Word;
- Strong Analytical skills;
- Methodical & Organised;
Basic £35,000 to £40,000 TBC depending on experience
Pension and healthcare