Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Humanities teacher to teach History from KS3 - A-Level. The ideal Humanities Teacher will have at least one year’s experience teaching History or Geography and are happy to work extended hours from 8.30 until 5pm Monday to Friday. This role will be full time and available to start ASAP. The school have smaller classes and work to teach high achieving students.The Secondary school has been rated "Good" with outstanding qualities, and have a Centre of Excellence mark since 2016.
About the Role
- History Teacher
- Full time
- Teaching timetable up to A-Level
- Temporary with possibility of permanent in September 2019
- Daily rate between£150 - £180 (depending on experience)
- Working hours 8.30am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
About the School
- Recognised as a Centre of Excellence
- Fantastic new facilities in all departments
- Calm school environment
- Smaller class sizes
- Pupils are well behaved and move around the site in a considerate manner
- Ofsted rated "Good" in most recent inspection
- 70% of learners achieved at least 5 A*- C grades across the curriculum including English and Mathematics
- School operate on a different academic year to most other schools
In order to be considered for this role, the Humanities Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
- Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.