Development Team Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for a part timeDevelopment Team Assistant to join our team in a home working role.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the role:
As our Development Team Assistant, you will support and deliver the creation of more Scouting places in every community across the project area as part of a development team. The role will be a fundamental part of taking Scouting to new and under represented communities and will involve working directly with both adults and young people to run and support youth provision.
The role will focus on your personal development with an induction and training programme building your skills in the following areas: communication skills, project planning and organisation, presenting and training delivery, working with young people, working in a team, creative thinking and problem solving methods as well as core employment skills such as time management, CV writing, First aid and IT.
Because of the nature of the role you will need to be self motivated and able to work remotely from home with a regular daytime and evening work out in communities supporting them to create Scouting provision.
What will you be doing?
- Support the opening of Scout sections in new communities
- Work with the Development Team Lead Officer and District Commissioner to ensure problems and challenges are overcome
- Welcome and induct new adults and young people to Scouting
- Undertake events to attract young people such as school assemblies
- Support and run open evenings and taster sessions for adults and young people
- Mentoring and inducting new adults in partnership with the Appointments Advisory Committee and Training Team
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Pears Project Manager
What we can offer you as our Development Team Assistant:
- Subsidised lunch
- Free parking
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
What we are looking for in our Development Team Assistant:
- Able to work independently of direct supervision
- Able to plan and organise own travel
- Works well as part of a team
- Enthusiastic with the ability to enthuse and motivate others
- Must live in a geographical location to enable effective support to volunteers in the relevant area
- Able and willing to work at least two evenings in a week and occasional weekends
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now to become our Development Team Assistant.
Contract Type: Fixed term 10 month contract (may be extended)
Hours: Average of 12 hours per week
Salary: £16,295 per annum pro rata (£5,587 actual)
Closing date: Thursday 31st January 2019
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies