12 hour shifts, 3 days a week
M4 specialist recruitment are delighted to be working with a forward thinking care company who pride themselves on giving the best care to support those who have learning disabilities. You will be responsible for leading shifts and the teams under the direction of the service manager.
- You will need to communicate clearly, adapting what you say and how you say it
- Good active learning skills
- Using a variety of creative communication methods to communicate important information
- Report observations and evaluations accurately to the Service Manager and the Clinical Consultant
- You are required to show empathy and awareness to others
- The core element of the role is providing just the right level of support
- You will be expected to participate well as a team player and support you colleagues in their work
- You will help build the team spirit by being committed to teams goals and celebrating team achievements
- You will need to show that you can prioritise your own work and others so that tasks and goals are achieved
- The people you will support should be central to planning their day, their week and future. You must include their families in these planning activities
- You will observe and monitor behaviour for signs of change
- Help support anxieties and behaviours through developing coping strategies
- Includes working weekends, nights and do sleep ins when required.
For more information please contact M4 specialist recruitment. M4 Specialist are an employment business and operates as an equal opportunities employer. Authority to issue an advertisement in respect of the above mentioned position has been obtained from the hirer concerned.