Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £24,000 to £28,000 DOE plus full AAT study support
Our client is a successful and thriving manufacturing company based in Abingdon. Due to impressive growth, they acquire the services of an Accounts Assistant to join their team. This is an amazing opportunity with a foundation to advance your career with significant rewards and recognition. This particular client is a great example of a company which has thrived in its sector due to forward-thinking management, innovation through investment and a genuinely happy and motivated workforce.
- Reconcile sales ledger for cash in advance payments and credit notes.
- Enter all receipts onto credit control spreadsheet and input on to Sage.
- Produce and send statements.
- Chase overdue accounts for payment via telephone & email to agreed procedures.
- Send copy invoices to customers as and when requested.
- Match all overhead invoices with PO's and delivery notes and code & post to Sage.
- Post all stock invoices through purchase order processing system.
- Produce weekly BACS and foreign payment runs
- Check supplier statements and get copy invoices if necessary.
- Reconcile purchase ledger for cash in advance payments and credit notes.
- Input all cash book payments & receipts on to Sage.
- Input all purchase ledger direct debits on to Sage.
- Update cash book spreadsheets & reconcile to bank accounts.
- Other ad-hoc duties.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience as a Finance or Accounts Assistant
- You may have specialised previously in purchase ledger or sales ledger. Our client can and will train you on the other ledger if you are not already accustomed with both.
- Strong IT/Systems - Excel is a must and good SAGE would be welcomed.
- Attention to detail.
- Awareness of deadlines.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Literacy and numeracy.
- Speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work accurately in a busy environment.
A.A.T study support available for the right individual.
Generous annual bonus structure based on profit.
Free parking available.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Geoff Bridger for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.