Part Time Accounts Assistant
JHE & Partners are working exclusively with a leading manufacturing organisation based in Halifax who are looking to strengthen their finance function due to continued growth. The successful candidate will have experience in several area's of finance including Payroll, Purchase Ledger and Credit Control.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this is a great opportunity to secure a varied position offering reduced hours (25 to 30 hours over 5 days). Working in a team of 4 within finance, the successful candidate will work closely with every member of the team. Applicants must have experience within a similar, varied finance position recently. Key duties will include:
- Working with the Payroll Manager processing details for 100 staff, including monthly and weekly paid
- Calculation of SSP, SMP, SPP, Pension contributions and bonus payments
- Processing starters and leavers, liaising with HR as required
- Handling employee queries related to payroll
- Processing purchase invoices
- Handling supplier queries
- Statement reconciliations
- Chasing customers for payment
- Monitoring aged debts and working with Credit Controller to reduce debtor days
- Other ad hoc finance duties as required
Applicants must be friendly, confident and enthusiastic. A "can do" attitude is a must as well as the ability to work as part of a team. In return, the company are offering a competitive salary and are flexible with regards to the hours of work.
I would urge anyone interested to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid missing out on this great opportunity.