1st & 2nd Line Support
1^st and 2^nd Line Support
A Leading Manufacturing organisation based in Hull requires IT Support to join their growing IT team on a contract basis. The purpose of this role is to support stake holders with both hardware and software issues that occur. The IT Manager requires a candidate with previous experience as a 1^st and 2^nd line support with knowledge of the Hardware support space. This is a 9 month contract position with the opportunity to be ongoing.
- Assist with the Co-ordination of the issue of IT equipment and services to the new starters
- Assist with the set-up of the local applications infrastructure environment, eg Prisma Shop floor clients to be used in the SCM Blade factory.
- Ensure the IT workplaces comply with the EHS safety procedures, especially those in the manufacturing area, eg the blade manufacture environment requires specific hazard awareness training & adherence
- As an IT ambassador you will actively promote and help implement corporate (GS IT and WP) IT solutions acting as the local lead and linking between business & suppliers or central IT functions.
- Administer and manage the IT assets and services user portals that drive the IT cost calculations, support the business in managing the volumetric based IT costs.
- Procurement of hardware/software as required.
- Good organizational skills with a methodical approach.
- Experience working within a fast-paced IT Support role.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer facing skills and to interact positively at all levels.
- Work professionally & confidently in a manufacturing environment & adhere to strong safety procedures.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Ability to work well within a team and independently with a flexible approach to work.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications – Outlook, Word, Excel.
This is an immediate opportunity so please apply now for immediate consideration.