This newly created Assistant Accountant position is working for a warm and welcoming client based within the Abingdon area. This position will be working alongside the newly appointed Finance Manager with all General Ledger Activities.
The client is an evergrowing business who have gone through exponential growth over the last few years. They have recently gone international and are looking to continue this growth going forward.
The key responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant are as follows:
Month End Accounting Process
- Collation of information from subsidiaries in accordance with the month end timetable;
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Preparation of month end journals;
- Assisting with the implementation of uploading journals, including payroll journals;
- Assisting with the production of monthly management accounts.
- General Bookkeeping Duties
- Supporting both accounts payable and accounts receivable processes during times of demand;
- Assisting the Finance Manager with posting transactions and accounting for the French subsidiary;
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register and preparation of a monthly movement note;
- Any other bookkeeping duties as required by the Finance Manager.
Departmental Administrative Tasks
- Producing basic reports on a weekly basis for review at Finance Meeting;
- Documenting processes for inclusion in Finance Manual;
- Producing letters and correspondence on an ad hoc basis to customers and suppliers;
- Producing template documents, forms and schedules as required for the collation of information.
Other tasks (not exhaustive)
- Assisting with data inputting for payroll process as required;
- Uploading Annual Budget templates using data importers;
- Assisting with production of audit deliverables on an annual basis;
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Finance Manager or Head of Finance to support the smooth
operation of the Finance Department.
The successful Assistant Accountant will -
- AAT qualified
- Relevant experience within Accounting and Finance
- Solid Excel skills (this can be trained)
- Strong communication skills
- An keen eye for detail
On offer for the successful Assistant Accountant is a salary of circa £18,000 to £22,000 along with an attractive benefits package. Flexible working is on offer after the probationary period.