Commercial Retail Manager - £32,000 Plus Bonus OTE £37,000
We’re looking for a Commercial Manager to be responsible for all commercial aspects at this popular family attraction including retail, catering, events and holiday let activities. The post will oversee and organise the visitor services, customer service, catering, and retail departments. The role will also involve recruiting and training relevant staff.About the role
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- To manage all visitor services and catering activities.
- To be responsible for supervising the training of visitor services and catering staff.
- Undertaking annual appraisals for direct reports, ensuring regular feedback is provided to ensure performance is aligned to company expectations.
- Liaising with and making recommendations to the Group Retail Manager regarding appropriate stock.
- To keep abreast of high street trends to make recommendations to the CEO and Board over changes and investment proposals.
- Promote best practice across both catering operations to improve year on year sales, whilst protecting gross profit.
- Liaise with the Project Manager to promote to all visitors.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness, presentation and customer services at all facilities within the attraction.
- To assist and coordinate special events and experiences.
- To liaise with the Senior Duty Controller and Operations Manager on a daily basis.
- To prepare end of day, end of week, and other related financial and marketing reports.
- This will involve good communication with all staff and supporting all employees with the aim of achieving a friendly, efficient and smooth running service for all our customers.
- To ensure an excellent level of knowledge of the surrounding area amongst the visitor services team, thus providing all visitors with the best possible standard of service.
The Commercial Manager will have several direct reports and will be responsible for the catering manager, visitor services supervisor, and their respective teams, ensuring the smooth operation of cafés and retail outlets.
- Have a good understanding of margin control
- An excellent communicator and motivator of people, someone who can lead the team forward.
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic, pro-active and problem-solving approach to the job.
- Have the ability to work under pressure, taking responsibility for a situation as it arises
- Have an excellent knowledge of the attraction and its surroundings, plus the ability to disseminate this information to all other members of the Visitor Services team
- Will be a good communicator/motivator and work well within a small team
- Be computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft office software and be conversant with analysing data from reports.
- Be willing to attend training sessions/courses as required
Bank Holiday and weekend working will be required, including some unsociable hours.
This is a hands-on role and would suit someone with appropriate retail experience who is a great people person.