Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Manager
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Account Manager for a local organisation based in Taunton, Somerset. This is initially working full time on a 6 month temporary contract. The role is based within the commercial operation of a large, international organisation.
The successful candidate will manage Vendor Accounts ensuring prompt and accurate processing and payment of invoices, within terms, thus enabling the organisation to purchase goods and services in the pursuance of its business objectives.
The candidate will fully deputise for Sales Accounts as and when required. This will involve managing all aspects of specific customer accounts including invoicing, credit request processing and ensuring prompt settlement of due balances in accordance with terms of trading.
- Ensuring all invoices are recorded on SAP and processed for payment.
- Maintain complete and accurate record of all actions taken regarding each individual invoice.
- Chase and resolve any related queries.
- Produce a monthly payment performance report and monitor progress.
- Acquire operational knowledge of SAP Accounts Payable module and associated interfaces with SAP PO modules.
- Managing allotted customer accounts including identifying and hastening overdue balances; resolving customer account queries; processing requests for credit returns; reviewing customer credit limits.
- SAP Expert User for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processing to provide advice in the development and subsequent testing of new business process requirements involving the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable applications; routine regression testing following application of SAP software updates.
- Development of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable process improvements including implementation of audit recommendations.
- Drafting and maintaining Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable practices and procedures.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of working in accounts payable and of using a SAP accounting system.
- Able to work methodically and accurately.
- Able to work well under pressure to deliver results.
- Can work well as part of a team/team player.
Hours of work are; 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Rate of pay between £12.00 - £13.00 per hour depending on experience, additional benefits include 35 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays) per year, on site canteen.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.