Learning Support Assistant
Worldwide Education are currently recruiting for Learning Support Assistants to work in a variety of Primary Schools across the Berkshire area. This is a great opportunity for Support Assistants to gain more experience and work around their lifestyle.
Purpose of the role:
- To effectively work alongside a team to deliver a stimulating and nurturing environment for children and young people who require additional support
- To work under the person in charge efficiently and carry out tasks set out by them to a high standard
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Supervising and working closely with students in small groups and on a 1:1 basis (classroom based of within the learning support unit)
- Regularly liaise with the Teacher and monitor aspects of student's behaviour
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care Programmes
- Support and attend to the student's personal needs
- Establish good relationships with students, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students
- Have confidence in working with SEN children and young people or those with additional learning needs
- Are proactive and helpful within the School
- Able to communicate effectively with other staff members and build positive relationships
- Patient and caring nature
- Previous SEN experience
- Recent First Aid Certificate
- Previous experience working within a Primary School
- Any relevant SEN qualifications
- TA or LSA qualification
- Safeguarding and Child Protection training
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for an enhanced criminal record disclosure to be undertaken, together with other safeguarding checks, including obtaining references from previous employers.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV in to us today!