We are seeking a talented and self-motivated DevOps Engineer who will assist in the design of a functional and maintainable platform on AWS. You will be joining a core team in our Central London offices to help deliver a highly available platform for software solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role in changing the way that products are delivered within the company, devising and implementing a cloud-first approach to infrastructure using the latest methodologies.
The role holder will have excellent stakeholder management skills as you’ll be part of the Core Engineering team supporting the central infrastructure teams who use agile management and engineering practices.
- Build and maintain the right cloud infrastructure architecture, balancing performance and resilience with
- Building and maintaining a set of tools that enable developers to self-serve for most operational
- Defining, and building enterprise platform tools
- Building and maintaining an auditing and reporting estate that provides all relevant information
on current and historic working state of infrastructure.
- Ability to deliver TIO strategy in partnership with the business platforms needs
Key Skills / Experience
- AWS deployment at scale with a high level of architectural understanding of the AWS offering
- Terraform or similar
- Python or similar
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Excellent Linux experience at scale
- A high level of skill at writing terraform modules
- A deep understanding of coding practices and of DRY principles
- Configuration management - e.g. puppet
- Continuous Integration systems such as Hudson/Jenkins
- Containerization - Kubernetes
- CDN and internet networking
- Security and compliance understanding
- Agile experience with Scrum / Kanban / XP
- Ability to work on several work streams with excellent time management
- Excellent team player
- Able to formulate and execute a solution to take into consideration the needs of multiple stakeholders
- A positive, constructive approach with an emphasis on collaboration and good execution