Deputy Nursery Manager
About The Role
The Pre-school Learning Alliance is a leading early years Charity, also the largest voluntary sector provider of childcare services. We have an exciting opportunity at our Keystone Nursery based in Birmingham. The nursery is part of a group of full daycare nurseries across England which provides childcare and support for young children and their families and works in partnership with the Birmingham City Council and the Department for Education.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, pro rata for part time employees
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a Team Recognition Scheme to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 40% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02.
- You will provide inclusive play and learning opportunities for all children attending the nursery.
- You will be responsible for assisting the Nursery Manager with curriculum planning, staffing levels and behaviour management.
- You will run the nursery in the absence of the Nursery Manager.
- Successful applicants will need a minimum level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent.
- Proven post-qualification experience in working in early education and childcare.Proven experience of line managing staff.
- Ability to help the Nursery Manager to manage the nursery's resources to ensure expenditure is in line with its budget.
- Ability to inspire people to deliver results and set clear objectives for self and team.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
All posts are 40 hours/52 weeks,unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: Friday 15th February 2019 at midnight
Interview date: Monday 25th February 2019