Maintenance & Engineering Manager SWAD77986
Our client has an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,900 people.
They are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Their product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
They represent exactly what they do and have always done. Their purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping their customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, they continue to lead their industry in terms of standards and safety.
They are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team in the position of Maintenance Engineering Manager at Swadlincote.
To act as the Manager for Maintenance activities this will comprise of:
- Managing the assignment of electrical / mechanical workload across the department
- Planning and leading activities at routine maintenance shutdowns and large shutdowns
- Expediting activity associated to CAPEX or improvement projects.
- Working with the Maintenance Leader and craft as to deliver productivity, quality, energy and site improvement projects.
- Responsible for carrying out daily routine plant inspections, following up on feedback from other inspections, supporting key activities and ensuring subcontractors are deployed effectively and liaising between maintenance and operations to ensure planned works are carried out with minimal risk and impact.
- To cooperate with managers, team leaders and night shift team leader in the development and implementation of SHE policy and procedures in order to achieve an excellent safety record with the aim of eliminating SHE accidents and incidents.
- To work with managers, support functions and operational teams to identify and implement continuous improvement methods with respect to safety, product quality, productivity and cost.
- To build and maintain effective relationships both within the local manufacturing teams, and with non-manufacturing colleagues to ensure excellence in terms of customer service.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage site engineering and maintenance activities safely
- Ensure that engineering contractors, suppliers, etc. that are engaged on engineering/maintenance tasks are compliant with HS&E expectations
- Control and manage maintenance activities using preventive measures to minimise risk of downtime and ensuring rapid response and follow up to downtime causes (Root cause analysis)
- Work with the Stores Manager to ensure maintenance spares are kept securely and in an orderly manner
- Assist in equipment and plant development and improvement
- Run and/or assist on Capex projects
- Identify and deliver continuous improvement opportunities across engineering and maintenance
- Ensure that site assets are operated efficiently and effectively and maintained to a high level
- Communicate with other sites to share best practice
- Responsible for implementation of plant and maintenance capex projects ensuring activities are carried out safely and on time (projects from c£50k - £500k), budget £1M
- Maintenance Budget of £2M per annum
- Responsible for subcontractor management and safety
- Responsible for identifying and eliminating recurring plant issues through engineering improvements
- Responsible for driving improved plant reliability through best practice
- Flexible self-starter
- Engineering and maintenance background
- Managerial/supervisory experience in an engineering and maintenance function
- Relevant plant experience preferred
- Formal management/supervisory training preferred
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop good working relationships
- Effective resource management skills
- Experience of delivering improvement projects in a structured way
- H&S qualification is desirable
- Can demonstrate use of reliability tools and past successes
- Apprenticeship in either electrical or mechanical engineering or Post Graduate with relevant experience.
- Minimum: City and Guilds or NVQ level 3. Preferred: HNC/HND/Degree
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.