Security Team Manager
Security Team Manager
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a high calibre Security Team Manager to join a world leading exhibitions and international convention centre based between Canary Wharf and London City Airport. Matching the nature of the venue, you can expect the role to be varied and busy with no day being the same. You will be part of a team responsible for coordinating security deployment across a large venue and estate; acting as Duty Manager as required you will play a key role ensuring the safety of all staff, visitors, contractors whilst also protecting company assets.
Hosting over 300 events a year and welcoming over 4 million visitors, from every corner of the globe, this leading venue boasts fully flexible event halls, conference & exhibition space, a multitude of meeting rooms and the UK's largest flexible auditorium. Due to ongoing success we are now seeking Security Team Managers to join a fantastic team.
Drawing on your leadership background you the Security Team Manager will mentor, motivate, support and inspire the team to perform at the highest level ensuring that they deliver the best customer service. You will also manage performance and deliver training both class-room based and scenario based in a supportive, encouraging and collaborative environment.
Your key aim will be to deliver the highest performing security service and be a vital element of their Security and Counter terrorism strategy working on the frontline and responding to incidents as they occur. The ideal Security Team Manager will demonstrate integrity; champion high standards of customer service and be an effective communicator at all levels and channels.
To qualify... You should have experience at a Security Team Manager / Security Manager / Security Team Leader/Security Supervisor or similar level working for busy and complex sites.
It is also important that you have:
- The ability to manage a high performing team;
- The ability to identify and drive through improvements at a team and department level;
- The confidence, resilience and resourcefulness to respond to operational incidents and emergencies;
- A valid SIA Door Supervisor badge;
- A strong working knowledge of legislation – PACE, Theft Act, Common Law, GDPR;
- A good practical knowledge of H&S Legislation, regulations and practice (IOSH or other qualification would be desirable but not essential);
- A solid understanding of dynamic risk assessment;
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and non- verbal are a must;
- Confident and proficient experience in using Microsoft Office suite and other software packages and reporting.
Ideally you will be first aid trained and hold a full UK driving licence.
In return the Security Team Manager can expect a fantastic working environment with a superb benefits package that includes, a discretionary bonus, contributory personal pension (maximum of 15%), 24 days annual leave, free onsite gym, season ticket loan scheme, cycle to work scheme, life assurance (4x salary), income protection, childcare vouchers, free onsite parking plus much more.