The Finance Manager is responsible for managing the basic accounting functions for the UK Division of the company. Collaborates with the Managing Director in the UK as well as the Headquarters Finance team in the United States. Perform all duties in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures and government regulations wherein the company operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring all accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order and secure condition.
- Maintaining accurate and effective financial controls on all transactions occurred by the company utilizing company systems.
- Assisting with production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts with management pack/commentary, KPIs and processing year end.
- Implementing and operating robust credit control systems.
- Support the production of variance analysis and of commentary on monthly results.
- Support preparation of quarterly reforecasts.
- Review all balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring they are accurate and supportable.
- Support year end audits and supporting preparation of year end statutory accounts.
- Manage all ‘company’ contracts such as mobile phone, gas, electricity, etc.
- Assist in developing accuracy of project costing and stock control.
- Take the lead on various management initiatives as part of the management team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong skills in planning, budgeting & forecasting
- Strong management information analysis and reporting, presentation, problem solving and decision support skills
- Ability to learn quickly and retain information about Carrington Mortgage UK, its process flows and operations
- Ability to build effective working level relationships across functions including at a senior level
- Strong numerical, analytical and financial modelling skills
- Ability to identify key issues and being able to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Ability to organize and plan work and manage multiple tasks to meet daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly deadlines and aggressive goals in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to work independently and motivate self
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to proactively address and resolve interpersonal conflict
- Willingness and ability to work flexible and extended hours during peak business flow
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Three (3) plus years of experience in accounting/finance functional area
- One year in a lead or supervisory role
Carrington Mortgage UK is one of the United Kingdom’s leading mortgage and protection brokers. We provide the support and guidance that homebuyers need on their path to becoming homeowners, at every stage in the process. Carrington has access to thousands of mortgage deals, so whether you’re a first-time buyer, interested in remortgaging, or pursuing a buy-to-let, we will find the right deal to suit your circumstances and needs.
We are known for our exceptional customer service – and for helping clients reach their homeownership goals. We begin by giving you valuable, custom mortgage advice, both in-person and on the phone. Next, we provide unparalleled access to the rates and products of banks and mortgage lenders across the United Kingdom. Once a mortgage type and deal are secured, we offer a full range of lifestyle and income protection plans to protect you from the unexpected. Carrington also partners with businesses that can share financial advice on pensions, investments or any solution to your finance needs, ensuring coverage for years to come.
Lastly, as the mortgage world continues to shift, Carrington keeps you up-to-date with the developments that most benefit homeowners.These include support on paying off mortgages early, moving homes, or purchasing an investment property.
This is the Carrington way. We look forward to serving you.Company DescriptionCarrington maintains the necessary infrastructure to ensure stability and maximize value during any market cycle. We are a fully integrated mortgage company supporting our customers by providing a broad range of real estate services encompassing nearly all aspects of single family residential real estate transactions in the United States.