A professional services firm is looking for an experienced company secretary or corporate solicitor to join its Corporate Services and Governance department.
The role is a Senior Associate role and would be suitable for a chartered secretary or qualified solicitor willing to work on a variety of matters.
The role will include the following:
- Attending board meetings, taking minutes and advising on corporate governance.
- Drafting a variety of corporate and compliance policies.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with a variety of clients.
- Advising clients on company secretarial compliance and governance matters.
- Supporting clients with special projects (e.g. corporate transactions, share reorganisations).
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes (although candidates meeting only some of the following criteria will be considered):
- a qualified chartered secretary (part qualified considered) or qualified solicitor;
- at least three years working in a professional services firm;
- knowledge of the Companies Act 2006;
- experience working within or for publicly listed clients and/or financially regulated firms (preferred but not essential);
- excellent inter-personal skills and a customer driven attitude;
- flexible and adaptive approach to work.
Salary will be in the range of £25-33 per hour, plus commission and bonus. You will be paid at an hourly rate, but this is the equivalent to approximately £47,000 - £65,000 for a full time role although there is the ability to earn more if desired. The role is permanent.
The role is based on a remote / home working model.
The successful applicant will be able to commute to London on occasion (2 - 3 times per month) to attend board meetings.
The role would suit someone wanting to supplement an existing job, avoid a commute or scale back from a full-time role.
The role is flexible and the work provided will be based on busyness levels however, as a guide, it is expected that the role will be equivalent to a part time role, i.e. 20 hours per week. The role could, if desired, be expanded to a full time role in future.