Great opportunity for a commercially astute management accountant to join a fast-paced manufacturing business.
Our client is a national, multi-site manufacturer with an excellent reputation. They have built strong, long-term relationships with their customer base with plans to grow and develop as a business.
- Ownership of weekly & monthly financial reporting & reconciliations, with support of juniors in finance team
- Ensure accurate reporting and analysis of weekly and monthly results including Margin analysis & KPI's
- Support Site accountant budgeting & forecasting process
- Own, progress and develop product costing; key point of contact for account managers
- Provide leadership and direction for junior roles within the Finance function - Being the first point of contact for queries
- Champion at site for overhead reduction, reporting & control - challenging budget holders where necessary & holding regular meetings with the budget stakeholders
Provide financial support for all new Financial projects and initiatives
Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA Accountant
Experience of accounting and management information in a large organisation. Including Journal postings & reconciliations
Good communication skills; experience of explaining financial metrics to non-financial colleagues
Excellent skills with MS Office, particularly Excel
Experience of working within a finance function in a large organisation. Multinationals preferable
Experience of working with an ERP system
Complex problem solving skills
Experience of accounting in a manufacturing environment
Experience of producing daily and weekly reports to a short deadline; product costing knowledge. Experience of the FMCG environment.
Experience of dealing with members of senior management
Advanced Excel skills and ability to use pivot tables and VBA to produce reports and dashboards
Experience of line managing staff
Knowledge of SAP R3
Competitive basic + package