Senior Internal Auditor
Our client, the UK's largest organisation in its sector, seeks a high-calibre and ambitious Senior Internal Auditor for its corporate audit department. Within the organisation, internal audit is seen as a 'value-add' function, providing assurance over the organisation's large-scale projects and day to day business operations.
Working as part of a team and reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the Internal Auditor will partner with the business to deliver a broad range of high-profile financial and operational audits, risk and control reviews and and ad-hoc investigations. You will work closely with senior stakeholders to identify, help manage and reduce key risks through the design and implementation of effective controls and recommend pragmatic improvements to help drive efficiency. Although there is good support in the role, you will have the opportunity and autonomy to manage the end to end audit process; from scoping, planning, delivery and reporting, helping you gain a more in-depth understanding of operations and strengthening your relationships with the business.
This is a high-profile position that gives broad exposure to all areas of the organisation, senior level stakeholder engagement and excellent opportunities for further development, proven by a number of internal promotions and moves into the wider business.
Skills / Experience
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant or auditor - ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, MIIA, CIA or equivalent
- Solid audit experience gained in internal or external audit, ideally with a Big 4 or Top 10 background
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to thrive in a changing and varied environment
- Exposure to project management, SAP or experience in an engineering background would be beneficial