Assistant Head of Year
Assistant Head of Year
We seek 5 outstanding Heads of Year to deliver effective pastoral support so that individual students and groups of students are supported to actively participate in learning and reach their full potential.
The successful candidates will support the academy’s drive for excellent academic results by ensuring students needing intervention receive support, encouragement and guidance as appropriate and necessary to raise individual student achievement and aspirations.
You will have:
- Experience of working with young people in an education setting;
- Experience of providing pastoral support within an education setting; and
- The ability to maintain positive relationships with students and other adults
You will find an Academy that:
- Has strong and effective leadership at all levels.
- Fosters and develops a strong team ethos amongst all its staff.
- Is highly supportive and one that values and develops people.
- Aspires to be in the top 1% of schools nationally for pupil progress.
- Is forward thinking and outwardly facing.
- Is committed to developing pupils’ leadership skills and their wider participation in local and national agendas.
- Has an exceptionally supportive community and Governing Body.
Highfield Leadership Academy in Blackpool, Lancashire is a 1200 place, 11-16 secondary school and is part of Star Academies. We joined Star on 1 April 2016 and like all Star schools, “Leadership” is our specialism.
As a designated Leadership Academy, we are keen to ensure our pupils are offered encouragement and a wealth of opportunities to develop their natural skills, abilities and potential. We actively provide learning opportunities to teach performance leadership skills through project-based learning and community work. We ensure our pupils develop essential academic skills in line with our Trust mission to promote educational excellence, character development and service to communities.
Who are Star Academies?
Star Academies is a mixed Multi-Academy Trust that runs both faith-based and non-faith primary and secondary schools. We are a values-based organisation that works to improve the life chances of young people in areas of social and economic deprivation to help them succeed at the highest levels of education, employment and the professions. All of our new schools inspected to date have been rated ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED and two of our secondary schools were ranked 1 and 3 in the 2016 and 2017 national ‘Progress 8’ league tables.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. For informal and confidential discussion regarding the role, candidates are encouraged to contact Dawn Livesey, Business Manager, on 01253-310-925.
In order to apply, please complete the Trust’s application form which is available to download from eTeach. Please note CV’s will not be accepted for this post.
Closing date: 24th February 2019 at midnight
Interview Date: tbc
Highfield Leadership Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to satisfactory clearances including references, DBS checks, health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.