Accounts / Finance Manager - Flexi-Working Hours Potential
- Full Time
Accounts / Finance Manager
Up to £40,000 onsite parking, generous holiday and potential for flexible hours
We are a close knit and informal creative company offering a relaxed working environment that is driven by self-management and self-motivation. We are now looking to hire an experienced Accounts /
Finance Manager who wants to join like-minded individuals and grow with us. If you have relevant experience and are 100% focused on tight and efficient financial management then we want to hear from you.
As a company, our most important goal is to find the right personal fit for the people we hire. You might have a recognised financial qualification which will open up the full scope of this role. However, we also welcome applications from non-qualified accounts professionals who have an inherent skill and talent for business finance, and who can still help us reach our end goals with the additional assistance of qualified third party suppliers. In either case, you will have proven experience as a Finance Manager or Controller. Group accounting experience would also be highly beneficial.
The full scope of the role includes:
The preparation of timely, accurate Monthly Management and other Financial Information for the Directors of the Company. You will lead the Finance function and take responsibility for the financial control and transaction processing within the Group. You will also be required to work closely with the senior management team on ad hoc projects. Your regular responsibilities will include:
+ Strategy & Planning
- Developing financial strategy, including risk minimisation plans and opportunity forecasting
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for efficiency opportunities
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Work closely with the management team to share reports and analysis findings
- Improve efficiencies and reduce costs where possible across the business
- High-level financial reporting and analysis
- Preparation of company tax and accounts
- Ensure compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
+ Cash flow
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Maintain a strong focus on controls and processes
- Debt management and collection
- Payroll processing
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Implement and manage systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Supervise and manage external suppliers involved in the financial function of the business
Qualifications and skills:
As a senior-level role you will have lots of responsibility. Ideally you will hold a related Degree qualification or be qualified by experience. You will also be fully AAT qualified and/or Part or Full ACCA, CIMA ICAEW or ACA qualified.
You will also need to have solid experience of managing the finance function for a busy and growing SME.
The skills that we see as essential for this role are: leadership; interpersonal skills; outstanding mathematical skills; honesty; integrity; reliability; solid written and verbal communication skills; high attention to detail; organisation; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; research & analytical skills.
This is a full time role working five days per week. However, we can offer a flexible working arrangement, the details of which can be discussed and agreed.
Interested? Apply here for a fast-track path to the Hiring Manager
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first quoting the job title & ref. Good luck, Team RR.