Dynamic Assistant Management Accountant Required
ASSISTANT MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
£23,000 - £28,000 per annum (flexible DOE)
Robert Half are working with a services business in Bath to join our client who has undergone an exciting period of change within the last 6 months due to continued growth. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated and progressive individual who is seeking a challenge and an increased level of responsibility as you will be responsible for overseeing the accounts receivable and payable ledgers and will very quickly be given the sole responsibility of the financial reporting and account preparation of one of the entities of the business.
This service provider business has a very impressive client base due to their global presence in over 15 countries and their 20-year tenure. Their office in Bath is situated close to the heart of the city, with easy bus and train routes to their premises. Their office culture is non-corporate, relaxed in the sense that they promote a healthy work-life balance. You will be joining a team of impressive, passionate and career-driven colleagues, so it is essential that you display similar personality attributes.
The Assistant Management Accountant will report directly into the Management Accountant and will be responsible for the delivery of all transactional duties for one of the business's entities and will assume full responsibility for the production and communication of month end management packs, forecasting and P+L analysis for one of the entities of the business, as well as The role will also include ad-hoc reporting to Senior Managers so will require a highly confident communicator and one who will not "shy away" from this exciting, yet fast paced and varied role.
Key duties are not exhaustive to but include:
- Assume full responsibility of the reporting for one of their entities which includes the production and reporting of month end accounts
- Assume full responsibility for our accounts receivable and payable ledgers, ensuring they are accurate and up to date at all times, taking responsibility for accruals, prepayments and the balance sheet reconciliations for the AP and AR ledgers
- Assist with the reporting of the management packs to senior members of staff within the business, over time it will be your sole responsibility to take on these business partnering elements
- Work proactively with the business and our clients regarding queries, debt collection and problem solving
- Take full responsibility for the fixed asset ledger
- Review the accrued/deferred income weekly and undertake the necessary analysis to resolve discrepancies
- Take full responsibility for the finance inbox and respond accordingly in a timely manner
- Be actively studying towards competing your AAT qualification (therefore will have ideally completed your AAT Level 3 qualification as a minimum or have attained your full AAT qualified status, looking to study ACCA/CIMA with this business
- An eager Accounts Assistant who has had experience of assisting the production of management packs, posting journals, assisting of balance sheet reconciliations and ideally had exposure to P+L analysis
- SAP or similar package experience will be highly desirable, Excel skills are a prerequisite
- Interpersonally very engaging and passionate, you must display that with minimal training, you will be able to hit the ground running
- Adaptable, thrive in an ever-changing and fast paced environment
- Service excellent and results driven
- Proactive, engaging, friendly and positive
- Market competitive annual leave and wider benefit scheme
- Modern and relaxed working environment
- Expenses paid lunches once a month, regular perks such as weekly fruit bowls etc
- An incredibly varied role which will keep you "on your toes" and will allow you to gain a lot of responsibility from the offset
- The ability to take ownership of this role and gain more and more responsibilities quickly as the business grows
- The opportunity to work closely with the Senior members of staff within the business, Financial Controller and Management Accountant
- Regular team-bonding socials and "get togethers"
Please don't delay in applying to this role as interviews will be held at the end of w/k 21st January. Please contact Mia Collett on 0117 9935400/ for further information.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice