Project Manager, Tech
Project Manager, Tech
A Project Manager / IT PM is needed to join a specialist provider of fully managed ID solutions in Manchester. This is a rare opportunity for a talented Project Manager / IT PM to progress their career delivering Identity and Access Management (IAM) projects for an exciting client list.
Knowledge of Identity & Access Management would be advantageous, but it is not essential as training will be provided, it is more important that you have the curiosity and drive to want to learn about their business and the technologies they provide.
Established in 2008 this leading provider manages over 500,000 identities in 67 countries for an impressive client list that includes major high street retailers, financial institutions and global charities. Offering a wide portfolio of services, ranging from expert consultancy to fully managed solutions their 'raison d'etre' is to make sure customers maximise their return in identity management technology. They are now seeking a talented Project Manager / IT PM who understands project methodologies but has the nous to know when to ‘do it by the book' and when to take a different approach.
Joining as a Project Manager / IT PM you will utilise your experience within a tech organisation to deliver multiple projects from inception through to implementation. Whether you are managing small to large projects; managing suppliers; handling the project schedule, risks and issues or ensuring a smooth handover to the managed services and support teams, it will be your knowledge of project management lifecycles, techniques and tools which ensures outstanding results.
To qualify. You should be a Project Manager / PM / IT Project Manager / Technical Project Manager / Delivery Manager or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience in a Project Management role;
- Experience within the financial, utilities or educational verticals delivering complex IT projects internally or in a similar role for an organisation providing IT related managed services;
- Experience of or qualifications in PRINCE2, ITIL and/or similar methodologies;
- The ability to know when to implement project methodology to the full and when to have a lighter touch;
- You are a problem solver who takes initiative;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written);
- You are comfortable with managing a portfolio of projects concurrently;
- You will have an innate ability to communicate succinctly with customers and colleagues alike, and will have the confidence to think creatively;
- You are driven to deliver great results for customers and possess a high performance attitude.
- Experience in software development and / or IT maintenance and support particularly in technologies other than those based around the Microsoft stack will be an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Project Manager / IT PM looking to join a leading firm where you will have a real input in how the company develops. In return, expect great benefits such as a bonus, healthcare, company shares, 25 days holiday and much more.