Control Expert, Credit Services Operations
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Control Expert, Credit Services Operations based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Control Expert, Credit Services Operations will be part of part of the Chief Control Office (CCO) within firm’s Operations, Services & Technology. The CCO is part of the 1st Line of Defence and it oversees the holistic end-to-end health of the control environment; provides a forward-looking view on risk and controls; drives effective design and implementation of controls; and monitors, advises and challenges control owners on how they are managing their risk.
The Control Expert is accountable for driving effective design of operational controls by working with the businesses (CMB and GBM) and Operations to review and critique front-to-back processes and controls; ensuring risk and control standards (including the CCO Control Design Principles) are incorporated in the design of new processes. They will also drive effective operation of control measures by monitoring and analysing control measures to form opinions on the control environment; ensuring effective and efficient balance of control effectiveness measures (including Risk & Control Assessments, Key Risk Indicators, test approaches, reviews, audits and judgment based attestations); analysing root cause of incidents and errors.
The Control Expert will play a key role inidentifying and eliminating systemic issues in the control environment by performing risk assessment deep dives initiated by trigger events such as internal and external incidents and Identifying emerging risks and potential issues by developing indicators that, for instance, predict the impact of known risk triggers; applying knowledge of control failings in other operational processes, locations etc. to enable Credit Services Operations to identify and address similar control weaknesses.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Detailed understanding of Credit Services Operations or Wholesale Operations and the regulatory environment in which it operates.
- Knowledge of commercial banking products and services; knowledge of investment banking products and services
- Understanding of risk/control frameworks and risk polices
- Knowledge of best practice in risk management
- Operating effectively in a complex, global organization
- Experience of managing operational risk
- Experience of designing and implementing process controls
- Process design and/or process reengineering skills
- Expertise in risk and control reporting – especially in defining and measuring leading risk
Closing dates for applications 8th March 2019