Travel Operations Manager
We are looking for a passionate about travel. The goal is to keep our clients satisfied and loyal for future services. The core responsibility of this role is to ensure the smooth operations within this busy, successful and growing Tour Operator Company, being a key player in this team. . Operations are the back-bone to the business and must work in a way to help upper management develop strategies to hit or exceed sales targets, regardless of the size of the outlet or products offered.
The successful candidate is to come from a similar role & background, within Travel and be fully confident in dealing with staff, suppliers, directors. You will have strong GDS experience, fares knowledge, staff management skills, communication skills and have the ability to work within a fast-paced, busy environment
Creativity/innovation - Generates new ideas, lateral thinking, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, solves problems creatively
Customer focus - Dedicated to finding new ways to delight the customers, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
Results focus - Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, priorities tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, good negotiator
Problem solving/Judgment - Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, communicates decisions to others.
Planning - Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others. Initiative - Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
Organizational Effectiveness - Operates within the organization's formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and get things done in a complex multi-level organization.
Typical work activities
- Managing budgets and maintaining statistical/financial records
- Sourcing products and destinations to meet consumer demands for bespoke travel and sustainable tourism
- Taking part in familiarisation visits to new destinations in order to gain information on issues and amenities of interest to consumers;
- Liaising with travel partners, including airlines and hotels, to manage bookings and schedules, often one year in advance
- Dealing with customer enquiries and aiming to meet their expectations
- Overseeing the smooth, efficient running of the business.
- Negotiating and working with suppliers, both on B2B and B2C levels.
- Sending Rooming and Seating lists accordingly
- Managing, booking and cancelling services for all travel related products
- Handling, booking and managing FIT Travel
- Booking and Managing ground transportation and other modes
- Working closely with other parts of the business to help answer customer queries
- Problem-solving for various aspects of the business
- Handling of the mid and back office
- Along with experience in the above, the ideal candidate should be a candid, hard-working and committed individual, who is able to work under pressure and meet deadlines and services as and when the business requires.
- The job role will involve heavy use of Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Ready to learn other in-house software
- The ideal candidate must be flexible to work any shifts during a 24 hour period as it is hands on approach.