Commercial Claims Handler
Our key Client is keen to speak to experienced Commercial Claims professionals to join their expanding team.
Accordingly you will be primarily responsible for the management of the notification, agreement, collection and successful settlement of a portfolio of claims for major Clients.
This will include negotiation with markets and liaison with placement teams, clients, underwriters and appointed experts.
You will have full responsibility for the contribution in setting, managing and satisfactorily concluding sensitive claims.
As Commercial Claims Handler some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Advice and guidance on coverage and analysis for clients to facilitate the settlement and payment of claims
- Carefully manage the claims negotiation process with clients, underwriters and/or their appointed legal representatives and/or loss adjusters
- Facilitate the resolution of any outstanding coverage issues
- Coordinate discussions and, where appropriate, meetings to ensure superior level of communication between the client, underwriter and their representatives concerning the proposed settlement
- Negotiate the payment and settlement of claims with clients and underwriters
- Technical support for pre-renewal meetings, placing and renewal negotiations
- Conduct data analysis to establish the claims history to identify trends and patterns in claims
- Collect data on large and complex claims and ensure effective communication is in place with business units, with clients and markets
To be successful in this Claims Handler role you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of claims handling across commercial classes
- Strong knowledge of claims coverage issues and wordings
- Demonstrable negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good analytical mind set and excellent problem-solving skills