Senior Planning & Resource Enablement Manager
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Senior Planning & Resource Enablement Manager based in Southwark, London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Senior Planning & Resource Enablement Manager will lead a team of Resource Enablement Specialists and Analysts to provide reliable people and resourcing data to enable the Digital Leadership team to plan effectively and make informed decisions. They will enable the Digital teams to focus on delivery and be more productive through the introduction of automated reporting and centralisation of working practices in the P&RE team. They will lead the maintenance of an efficient and accurate database of existing people resources across Digital, Data and Development globally.
The Senior Planning & Resource Enablement Manager will ensure that the P&RE team has visibility and oversight of delivery roadmaps, how people resources are assigned to these deliverables based on skills & experience, location strategy and funding models, along with tracking productivity. They will possess the knowledge of existing resource capacity and experience to utilise a fungible resource pool along with awareness of priorities to allocate to next in line. They will drive analysis of contingent resources, make recommendations to transition to alternative low-cost solutions and enabling the necessary recruitment activity to ensure budget commitments are met. Additionally, they will work with the HR resourcing team to drive recruitment of permanent and temporary resources, removing blockers to fix slow/frustrating issues and efficiently on-board new joiners.
The Senior Planning & Resource Enablement Manager will lead the coordination of P&RE activity across the Digital Disciplines and Cross Functional teams in line with the Target Operating Model e.g. new resource requests, project pipelines, priorities and approvals collaboratively working with other enablement functions, particularly Digital Finance to ensure that resources are recruited in line with approved budget and Vendor Management for the provision of resource augmentation models.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Planning, Project Management Office (PMO) or project resourcing.
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Resource / traffic management.
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Digital product development (desirable).
- Past working experience on relevant systems, i.e. Resource management and project planning tools e.g. Clarity, Jira or similar. is essential.
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations.
- Ability to understand and work effectively within a complex global matrix structure.
- Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively.
- Track record of making strategic business decisions, considering relevant risks, long term implications, commercial realities and stakeholders'' needs.
- Dealt effectively with highly complex commercial information and business challenges to create strategic business plans which effectively deliver results.
- Comprehensive understanding of business finance and management information and an ability to use this information to inform decisions and deliver efficiencies/savings.
Closing dates for applications 26th February 2019
Apply for Senior Planning & Resource Enablement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly