A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Principal Analyst based in Birmingham.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Principal analyst will perform analysis to identify opportunities to acquire new customers that meet the revenue and risk appetite as well as initiatives to increase share of wallet for existing customers. They swill understand the drivers of dormancy and reduce customer attrition, also support the launch of new products and services. Moreover, they will conduct product pricing reviews and support segmentation initiatives to ensure customers receive the right level of service.
The Principal analyst will understand customers' channel usage e.g. branch, mobile, internet, phone and deliver actionable information to frontline staff to help them manage their customer portfolios. They will support Regulatory Compliance and redress programmes. Furthermore, they will identify and manage Financial Crime risk in the customer base as well as support Know Your Customer (KYC) remediation programmes.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Data-driven organisation with a large analytics team.
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Financial services, business-to-business, or other data-driven organisations.
- Role relevant qualifications, minimum 2:1 from a reputable university.
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Previous analytics experience required.
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. SAS, SQL, Excel, Qlikview, Access.
- Availability to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. The team is co-located in Birmingham and London. There may be occasional travel to other site e.g. once a quarter for team meetings.
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of CMB business, products & services is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. VBA is desirable but not essential.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to change and will support others to respond in a similar way.
- Consistently achieved objectives set and taken action to improve their own performance.
- Spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting the style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
- Worked collaboratively with other colleagues, supporting them when possible
- Experience of making prompt and practical business decision, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes.
- Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results.
- Supported project teams/managers, showing an understanding of the basic principles of project management
- Ability to understand and interpret straightforward financial data
- Experience of personally complying with business processes, rules and regulations
- Strong Analytical Reasoning, well-developed analytical skills to extract information from data and translate to business language & financial impacts
- Ability to manage time effectively to ensure delivery of multiple projects.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate analysis and recommendations to colleagues
- Strong Academics- High A-Level grades and 'A' grade in Maths.
- Experience of manipulating large data sets via SAS/SPSS/SQL programming.
- Experience of applying analytical techniques to data to produce explanatory or predictive results
- Relevant experience of working in an analytical role within commercial banking for a financial service organisation.
Closing dates for applications 25th February 2019