- Responsible for managing the receipt of faulty pumps and other mechanical equipment into the workshop; assessing the problem and providing a detailed report to the customer of the issues found.
- Preparing quotes for all work reported.
- Assist the base manager with enquiries and ad hoc jobs as and where needed.
- Be the first point of customer contact for all faulty equipment into the Workshop.
- Coordinate the stripping of the faulty equipment with the workshop engineers to assess pumps, and prepare a report & quotation for the customer
- Progress the quotation with the customer to authorise the work or return the faulty pump
- Progress the authorised work through the workshop to ensure agreed deadlines are met or arrange for the faulty equipment to be reassembled & returned to the customer.
- Any other relevant and reasonable duties that may be requested by the base manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NECCESSARY:-
- Mechanical Engineering Experience, with knowledge of rotating equipment an advantage.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Knowledge of Micro-meter and Vernier and DTI.
The position is part of a friendly company with in excess of 95 UK employees with an average length of service of over 10 years. They are part of a large European Group which has enjoyed dynamic growth to become the largest positive displacement pump distributor in Europe and are backed by a privately owned, debt free parent company.
The team of experienced engineers offer the very best technical advice and support. That, together with pump products from world leading manufacturers means our customers can be sure of the highest quality pumps, selected to provide the most precise, cost-effective and reliable solution to their fluid handling requirements.
Get the Recruitment Genius Advantage today. As the UK's largest online recruitment advertising company placing more candidates than anyone else.