Finance & Monitoring Administrator
Purpose: To provide high quality effective financial and monitoring administration to support the delivery of services through The Women’s Organisation
Directly responsible to: Finance Manager
Directly Responsible for: Working closely with the Compliance Team to carry out all financial transactions, to ensure legal compliance and ensure effective, cost-efficient, and timely management of facilities and service functions.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- giving administrative support to the Compliance Team, Finance Manager, CFO and CEO
- undertaking internal audits and partner checks in relation to ERDF and other funded programmes
- preparing and collating claim materials for European Union and other funded programmes
- inputting and updating partner and client information
- booking keeping duties and compilation of accurate financial records using sage line 50.
- demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken
- having a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with appropriate statutory requirements and to ensure that all work functions are undertaken in accordance with health and safety legislation, codes of practice, and The Women’s Organisation quality and ethics policies
- This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive it is issued as a framework to outline main areas of responsibility at the time of writing
Experience and Skills
1. Experienced in maintaining accurate records
2. Ability to prepare reports and monthly management financial statements
3. Ability to audit complex records and financial information against programme requirements.
4. Experience of, or ability to, working within a busy office environment
5. Excellent IT skills particularly advanced level word processing; advanced databases and spreadsheets, PowerPoint (Microsoft Office), and experience of ICT networks
6. Excellent literacy, analytical and numerical abilities
7. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
8. Ability to act on own initiative, and operate effectively as part of a team
9. Ability to deal with clients and colleagues with courtesy, tact and discretion whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times
10. Understanding of personal limitations and ability to ask for help where necessary
11. Proven organisational skills with ability to prioritise own workload within agreed parameters and meet deadlines
12. Good attention to detail and ability to keep systematic records and share information
13. Flexible in approach and willing to undertake all tasks as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the office
14. An understanding of and commitment to the principles underpinning equal opportunities
15. An understanding of the particular barriers facing women, in particular in returning to training or work, and a commitment to the principles of women’s development.
Please note we don't accept CV's alone, please complete an application form available to download from our website or email to be sent a copy.