Global Risk Analytics (GRA) Data System Analyst
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Global Risk Analytics (GRA) Data System Analyst based in Cambridge.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The GRA Data System Analyst will be a highly-effective and valuable member of a growing function that performs quantitative and qualitative analytics across a broad range of information/data sets of varying reliability, to identify risk intelligence and inform risk decision-making. The role demands the independent interpretation of varied data sources for search and extraction, in addition to the cleansing, structuring and analysis of data sets generated. They will support the development and maintenance of models and methodologies for risk management where the core objectives are development of an efficient, sustainable process to provide data required for risk model development and on-going validation. Moreover, they will work with project leaders in the review and improvement of the existing suite of models and methodologies.
The GRA Data System Analyst will participate in projects aimed at aligning methodologies, governance and policies around the Group. They will support the development a risk and control framework, contributing to the definition and maintenance of appropriate governance, policies, methods, standards and processes around the development of models. Furthermore, they will support interactions and dealings with the organisation’s internal control functions and external regulatory bodies in relation to risk models.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following:
- University degree in computer science, financial crime or related fields
- Proven and progressive experience in financial services data analysis and/or application development;
- Substantial experience in the financial services industry
- Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex global issues
- Experience across a range of analytical tools (Hadoop, Beeline, Hive, Excel (VBA, Pivot Tables), Tableau, Pentaho, Python, Qlikview, etc)
- Problem-solving and Analytical skills
- Strong ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific risks, develop comprehensive user requirements, and provide recommendations for appropriate automated solutions to mitigate those risks
Closing dates for applications 21st February 2019