EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY: Sopra Steria is currently recruiting for an Application Architect to join a large project team working for a key Defence sector customer on a six-month contract.
PROJECT DETAILS: The Architect will act as part of a team defining the architecture for large or medium scale, medium risk or pre-sales assignments that may lead to major downstream revenue opportunities.
The role requires for delivering specialist services which involve the choice and application of diverse processes, systems and techniques or for supervising staff delivering a broad range of services.
Individuals work with a minimum of supervision, demonstrating a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach. Roles at this level will work within established processes, procedures and guidance, with minimum day-to-day supervision, to provide a range of support services to an agreed standard or specification.
- Supports in the definition of scope and deliverables for assignment with 'client' (may be internal or external) for the design of systems architectures to integrate business and IT requirements
- Delivers assignment in accordance with agreed scope, time, financial and quality measures
- Ensures effective client engagement and stakeholder management during assignment (may include management of subcontractors and partners)
- Actively promotes Sopra Steria business process and IT outsourcing services with clients and develops relationships that are transferable into sales opportunities
- Seeks and gains recognition outside Sopra Steria within 'expert' area by active involvement in industry / specialist groups that develops recognition of Company's capability that is transferable into sales opportunities
- Develops and exploits personal network of contacts within Sopra Steria to ensure high levels of chargeable personal utilisation
- Tracks market trends and competitor activities in 'expert' area and ensure this data is utilised for the ongoing service development
- Shares personal knowledge of 'specialist areas' through 'special interest groups' and other forums
- To identify and manage risk in his/her business activities and take responsibility for reporting risks in a timely, open and appropriate manner
- Ability to define and analyse user requirements and advise customers on scope and options for business and operational improvements.
- The Architect will have good knowledge of the Information and the Technology POPIT disciplines and an awareness of the others (Process, Organization and People).
- Knowledge of the latest developments and future strategy for their area, Knowledge and experience of associated tools, techniques, methods within their specialist area.
On client's instructions, due to the urgency, nature and length of the assignment, the successful candidate must have current security clearance to a high level.
The post holder will work through Sopra Steria Recruitment for Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, providing one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings on the market: consulting, systems integration, software development, infrastructure management and business process services.
A different approach: breaking the restrictive bounds of traditional recruitment models; a revolution in how clients engage with the recruitment profession: www.optimumvendor.co.uk
Should you choose to contact Sopra Steria Recruitment regarding this role or to apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.