Category/Commercial Manager - Procurement of Light Building Materials - Binley Coventry
We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate and motivated Category Manager to join our team in Coventry. The ideal candidate will create and deliver Category plans that increase £ profit across LMG our Local Merchant Group in line with company objectives.
What will I be doing in the role?
- Own and deliver category plans to increase the business’s £ profit
- Ensure all relevant processes are adhered to
- Negotiate Supplier Agreements
- Market and product knowledge to influence Category performance
- Generate reports and analyse data to act on/ make recommendations on Range, Pricing, Sales Plans, Promotions
- First line of contact for internal customers and stakeholders
- First line supplier interaction
- Represent Category Function at Operational and other Business’ meetings
- Build and maintain successful relationships
- Work with the designated Finance Business Partner support the collection of unpaid rebates
This list is not exclusive - other reasonable duties and projects may be assigned from time to time.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
What do we look for in a Category Manager?
- Degree calibre or appropriate relevant experience
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and good business acumen
- Strong communication, negotiation, presentation skills
- Proven experience of negotiation in a, end-to-end Category Management or Buying role
- IT literate in appropriate Microsoft and database systems
- Self-motivated and results driven with the ability to work towards and meet deadlines
- Strong relationship management and networking skills
- Able to work on own or as part of a team
- Able to manage workload and work to tight deadlines
- Able to work under pressure and manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with ability to assimilate information
- Resilient and able to constructively challenge and influence
- Driving licence (travel and overnight stays are required)
- Experience in a similar, multi-channel, multi-site complex commercial environment
- Understanding of various Supply Chains
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A company car, samsung smartphone and laptop
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday including the statutory bank holidays (Increasing to 33 with service).
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/