Vocational Programme Manager
HMPYOI Aylesbury’s education department are looking for an experienced Vocational Programme / Curriculum Manager to join their Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team to enhance the delivery of our Vocational courses. As a Vocational Programme Manager, you will be multi-skilled within various vocational areas with the ability to confidently deliver Painting and Decorating.
As Vocational Programme Manager you will be dedicated to delivering learning success, through effective leadership within our Vocational programme. The vacancy would suit a highly motivated Programme / Curriculum Manager that specialises in Painting and Decorating with knowledge in multi-skills vocational subjects, and has a positive can-do approach to education and the success of their students. The ideal candidate will have experience and success in their knowledge of Painting and Decorating and experience managing a team.
Location: HMPYOI Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP20 1EH
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £28,940 - £34,327 per annum
Closing date: 30th January 2019
Milton Keynes College Rewards:
- 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
- Amazing discounts with NUS card or Blue Light Card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
About HMPYOI Aylesbury:
HMYOI Aylesbury is a prison housing young prisoners aged 18-21, all serving sentences over 4 years. The Education Department works closely with our prison colleagues to deliver medium to long courses that help prepare learners for employment both within the long term prison estate and on release to the community. Courses include English and Maths Functional Skills (Entry 2 to Level 2), Business, ICT, Hospitality, Music Technology and Radio, Painting & Decorating, Horticulture, Construction, peer mentoring and Barbering. This is complemented by a range of courses available through distance learning at level 3 and beyond e.g. Open University, A Levels and BTEC level 3.
In the department, we believe the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge will help our learners to end their offending behaviour. We engage the hardest to reach learners and encourage them to take pride in their own education and self-development. As a department, we endeavour to inspire learners to achieve and for some, attain their first significant qualifications. If you believe that you can inspire and reach challenging young prisoners, then we would like to hear from you!
As a successful candidate you will:
- A degree or equivalent vocational qualification in Painting and Decoration/multi-skills within Vocational areas.
- A teaching qualification (QTLs as appropriate).
- Assessor/Verifier Awards (desirable).
- Teaching/training experience in the subject area, along with employability and/or PSD, up-to-date knowledge of these subject areas and employer requirements.
- Understanding the necessary employability skills required in the current UK economy.
- Evidence of providing high-quality effective programmes leading to outstanding success.
- Experience in data analysis.
- Experience in identifying, developing and sharing resources focused on teaching and learning.
- Experience in working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Knowledge of current relevant initiatives within the Offender Learning.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
More about the College:
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions, therefore, undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.