2 days left
- Part Time
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
We offer sheltered housing for older people which allows them to retain their independence but with support, we have dedicated teams of staff and volunteers to ensure that our residents are able to enjoy their later years as fully as possible.
We are looking for an Executive Chair to provide a strategic lead and help the Society move forward to the next stage of its development. This role does not require detailed day to day oversight of operations.
- To provide leadership to the Society and to oversee its strategic direction and forward planning processes.
- To ensure that all trustees are working in accordance with the aims and objectives of the Society and in the best interests of the Society.
- To ensure that the Executive Committee has a full range of skills and knowledge within the trustees, recruiting new trustees as appropriate to fill any identified gaps and to ensure succession planning.
- To support the other trustees ensuring that any development needs are met and that there is an annual performance review.
- To ensure that the governance of the Society is fully compliant.
- To work with the senior management team to ensure that the decisions of the Executive are implemented.
- To be familiar with the operations of each house and key personnel and to be a figurehead to the staff, volunteers, residents and sponsors.
- To be the point of appeal for disputes within the Society.
- To have overall responsibility, as a member of the Executive Committee, for the decisions and actions of the Society.
- To liaise with The Abbeyfield Society and other external organisations when appropriate. .
- Commitment to the ethos of Abbeyfield and our aims and objectives.
- Demonstrable experience of strategic planning with the ability to work independently as well as being a good team player.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Strong leadership ability able to bring together differing viewpoints ensuring harmonious working at all times.
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of a trustee.
- Knowledge of the charitable sector and/or housing.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR THE VOLUNTEER?
This is an opportunity to ensure the continuity of the unique service that Abbeyfield houses offer, enhancing the quality of life for older people by providing support and helping to overcome loneliness. It will be a rewarding challenge for someone experienced at board level, who is able to exercise strategic planning skills and judgement.
Quarterly board meetings at one of our houses plus occasional other meetings and frequent email and telephone contact.
Hemel Hempstead and Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 2RH
Apply for Executive Chair
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly