Purchase ledger manager
Robert Half is currently working with a fast growing insurance brokers based in central London. The client is looking for a Purchase Ledger Manager to join their dynamic and growing team.
This company has previous won awards in the Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for.
Purchase Ledger Manager - 1 direct report
This role is a brand new position and will take full ownership of the accounts payable function as well as managing a accounts assistant.
You will perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
- Review all purchase invoices for appropriate coding and approval prior to posting and payment
- Establish and maintain effective controls over payment runs to suppliers, including BACS, faster payments, Government payments, standing orders and direct debits
- Drive improvements and standardisation across business areas
- Be a confident and strong communicator capable of getting your ideas across to senior stakeholders both inside and outside the company
- Processing personal expense - final approval checks, posting into Dimensions, preparing expenses file for HR payroll
- Processing credit card expenses - uploading into Access expense, final approval checks, posting into Dimensions and then allocating payment correctly on HSBC credit card ledger
- Requesting new company credit cards/liaising with HSBC regarding any changes to credit cards
- Provide advice, guidance and training to internal stakeholders on the company's purchase order system
- Bank reconciliation performed on a daily basis
- Manage the corporate card processes
- Manage access expense related issues
- Managing any payment/invoice related issues
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist in cheque writing where required
- Posting of the prepayments and assisting in maintaining the prepayment schedule
- Posting of fixed asset invoices and assisting in maintaining the fixed asset register
- 2-4 years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Prior experience managing AP function.
- Must be well organised and a self-starter
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with budget holders and suppliers in a professional manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team and a high volume environment while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Excel
Salary & Benefits
£30,000 - £35,000 + study support + excellent benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice