Senior Research Executive
Are you looking to develop a career in one of the world’s largest Market Research Agencies?
Observer is an entrepreneurial division, looking for highly talented individuals who are interested in being a part of a dynamic and energised team.
Where questionnaire design expertise, multi-market management, data understanding & data delivery are fundamentals, our team of researchers provide unparalleled expertise with a clear focus on providing a true partnership for clients who require high level research support and seamless delivery.
We work with clients across all industry sectors who typically conduct their own analysis. They rely on us to create and lead on winning programmes, to produce results in a clear, accessible format and to support them as they interpret the findings. This means that the Ipsos Observer Researchers work in close partnership with UK and global key accounts as well as smaller clients, on anything from Omnibus studies to large scale multi-mode programmes.
The role ….
Our Senior Research Executives are integral to the success of our business and our clients’ businesses. We expect our Senior Research Executives to make a significant contribution – whether on projects or working with clients – and to be part of a fun and aspirational environment that delivers excellent results for our clients.
What you’ll be doing ….
This is an extremely interesting and varied role which will enable you to: -
- Builds great relationships with their clients beyond the transactional, demonstrating a genuine interest in them and their business issues.
- Contributes positively to the performance of our business, including playing a role in business development.
- Manages current and potential clients with excellence. Acts as a guardian of the Ipsos MORI and Ipsos Observer brands.
- Works collaboratively within the team and within Ipsos MORI more broadly, getting involved in initiatives to help the business.
- Is future-focused, for their teams, for themselves and for their clients. Wants to learn, to develop and to grow both themselves and others.
- Pursues best practice in all you do, including keeping that best practice fresh and simple.
- Can communicate even complex issues and processes clearly and simply.
- Demonstrates expertise, or has a special interest in a particular area and shares that expertise with others, both internally and externally. Contributes positively to the performance of our business.
Key responsibilities –
- Hold client briefing calls/meetings to understand a client’s objectives to advise upon the most appropriate methodology and approach
- Lead on project management for small-medium studies and support other team members as required on larger, more complex studies
- Be a point of contact for clients on project-related matters whilst managing all aspects of project lifecycle, from initial set-up and scheduling, to liaising and negotiating with internal and external fieldwork suppliers, to delivery
- Develop questionnaires based on a client’s outline (challenging as required, advising on content and structure / sense checking / formatting / ensuring guidelines are met)
- Understand different sampling approaches and weighting processes effectively
- Check scripts and dummy data prior to projects starting
- Develop code frames and table specifications
- Check topline data and reports, SPSS, tabulations and data on online portals
- Take a prominent role in the design of charts and topline outputs, thinking of creative solutions to presenting data with impact
- Understand the importance of close financial management of projects
- Be involved in business development through writing simple proposals and contributing to more complex proposals and pitches
- Provide guidance and support to more junior team members
About you ….
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience:-
- Quantitative research experience, preferably across a range of methodologies
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, committed to excellent client service
- Hands-on project management skills, with experience of running complex international projects, managing multiple projects simultaneously to exact timelines
- Time management and organisational skills, working effectively as part of the team
- Good communication skills and the ability to tailor your communication style to suit the specific audience or message
- Meticulous attention to detail with a desire to produce the best outputs possible – taking ownership of all tasks and ensuring they are delivered as promised
- Self-motivated and confident with the ability to work independently when required
- The desire and potential to take on line management responsibility in the future
- Be a positive thinker with a can-do, solutions-focused attitude.
- The ability to think expansively and creatively in reporting data and results
- High level of numeracy and adept user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint with knowledge of SPSS/Survey Reporter beneficial
About us ….
We love doing research that has an impact and want to inspire our clients to make better decisions. We harness our size and scale to enable our employees to ‘be the best me’. We celebrate everyone’s uniqueness, encouraging people to succeed, take the initiative and perform at their best.
Our culture is unique - we have the entrepreneurial spirit and quirkiness of a small boutique, but we also have the resources, scale and diversity of a large global agency. We have more bright, friendly, hard-working and enthusiastic people, from more backgrounds, with more interests, skills and experiences to learn from. Our values are based on our diverse cultural backgrounds, helping us to be responsive, client-focused and flexible.
We are committed to equality, treating people fairly, promoting a positive and inclusive working environment and ensuring we have diversity of people and views. We recognise that this is important for our business success - a more diverse workforce will enable us to better reflect and understand the world we research and ultimately deliver better research and insight to our clients. We understand the importance of commitments you may have outside of work and we consider all flexible working applications - please highlight what you are looking for when you make your application.
If this is what you are looking for from your next role, we look forward to hearing from you!