A market leading insurance organisation who pride themselves on the service they deliver to their customers are looking to recruit a Pricing Analyst to work on a number of recently launched or soon to be launched new products within the personal lines arena.
This is a company that nurture talent and enable their staff to work flexibly and autonomously and share success by rewarding great performance with an outstanding benefits and bonus package.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to join a busy and dynamic pricing team. You will review the performance of existing accounts and propose to the relevant distribution channels retail prices at which to sell general insurance products in order to maximise profitability and competitiveness. You will present to the insurance pricing forums as required.
You will be managing periodic risk rate analyses, investigating new techniques and sources of data that will improve risk selection, retention and new business conversion, and hence profitability. You will develop and maintain product pricing for prospective new products and new business tenders, working with the distribution channel as needed.
- Detailed understanding and current knowledge of personal lines general insurance products and pricing
- Working knowledge of the regulatory environment
- Good knowledge of relevant software packages including Microsoft Office and SAS
- Understands the modelling techniques specifically relating to pricing and reserving and key performance indicators used in the assessment of account performance
- Identifies trends in key indicators of performance and deviations from expected results
- Interprets results that may indicate the need to review premiums and terms
- Demonstrates strong numeric and statistical skills
- Maintains and identifies new internal and external data sources to assist in regular account performance assessment
- Builds and interprets statistical risk models
- Ensures that analysis is consistently accurate, building in appropriate controls and cross-checking results and reviewing work undertaken by other team members
- Able to explain complex numerical issues in an understandable manner
- Reports results and makes recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Influences pricing decisions in the relevant channels so as to achieve profitability and competitiveness
- Able to work to tight deadlines
The client will consider candidates with varying amounts of Analytical Pricing experience, those early in their pricing careers along with more experienced candidates. Salary is ultimately reflective of experience.