Performance Coach - Flackwell Heath
1. Support students in the development of their learning, employability and enterprise skills
2. Take responsibility for recording and tracking student performance including punctuality, attendance and completion of work.
3. Deliver group and 1 to 1 sessions that support career planning and the development of the skills, attitude and behaviours required by employers.
4. Liaise regularly with Course Leaders to ensure all students are fully engaged and supported to succeed in all aspects of their Study Programme.
5. Support individual students in establishing and achieving their progression aims
6. Liaise with employers and support students to secure work experience and/or employment
7. Coach and facilitate the development of a growth mind-set and the expert learner through 1 to 1 session with students.
8. Implement strategies and support students in self-esteem and confidence building activities including working on developing a growth mind-set model that enables the realisation of ambitious goals
9. Draw up agreed action plans and negotiate targets with students, reviewing and adjusting regularly, ensuring students are aware of target value added grades in their vocational subject
10. Ensure that all information is communicated clearly to students, course leaders, vocational teams, curriculum managers, employers and parents/carers
11. Network with other mentors and staff and refer students to appropriate professionals both within and outside college
12. Assess the needs of students referred, either from referring agencies, self-referral or via tutors, and assist in identifying the nature of support required
13. Assist in the arrangement of appropriate support for students identified as at risk of not achieving, which may be a member of staff or specialist equipment/services
14. Support students with the UCAS process
15. Create an environment that enhances the student experience and supports the development of the college community
16. Help to arrange and book activities, visits, trips; organise and run activities such as sports, enrichment, volunteering and enterprise
17. Support students with the development of study skills
18. Prepare and deliver a wide variety of engagement
19. Prepare reports that will feed into data analysis identifying destination outcomes for students