Nursery Cook, Term Time (20 hours)
About The Role
The Pre-school Learning Alliance is a leading early Charity, also the largest voluntary sector provider for childcare services. We have an exciting opportunity in our Tipton Nursery based in West Midlands. The nursery is part of a group of full daycare nurseries that provides childcare and support for young children and their families and works in partnership with the Sandwell Council and the Department of Education.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part-time employees
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal; and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a 'Team Recognition Scheme' to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 40% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- You will be responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and healthy kitchen environment and preparing and serving nutritional meals to children and adults.
- You will regulate kitchen stock control and ensure that specific dietary requirements are met.
- A current Food Hygiene Certificate and a current First Aid Certificate.
- The ability to organise, plan and cook nutritious meals.
- You will also need an awareness of food allergies and health and safety issues.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
All posts are 37.5 hours/ 38 weeks unless otherwise stated.
Interview date: Tuesday 5th February 2019