About the role
Are you the face of British Red Cross fundraising?
Our shop volunteers are the first point of contact for customers when they enter our shops. You will be a welcome greeting for all customers providing assistance and ultimately helping increase donations.
You will provide invaluable help through the running of the shop, keeping it stocked and attractively displayed. You can get involved as much or as little as you like by: sorting out stock; putting your own stamp on the shop displays or getting trained in order to serve customers at the till.
Being part of a huge fundraising effort is very motivating, you provide the best service possible by representing the British Red Cross to the local community and raise as much money as possible for the organisation. You even get a 20% discount on donated goods.
About the Team
We have approximately 350 retail outlets in the UK and represent a significant fundraising arm of the British Red Cross. The shops generate a lot of much-needed income and are a great way to raise the profile of the charity on the high street. Close to 7million people visit our shops every year, spending over GBP 28 million in our shops.
Typical tasks include
- Serving customers, taking cash and proving good all-round customer service
- Unpacking and pricing stock
- Working on window and shop displays
- Keeping the shop tidy, clean and well organised
- Interacting with the general public
About the person
We are looking for:
- Someone with good interpersonal,communication and teamwork skills.
- Someone with the ability to work alone and unsupervised as required
- Someone with the ability to lift and move stock safely
What We Offer:
- Support to develop your retail skills through our in-house retail Volunteer Journey training and our e-learning facility so you can represent the Red Cross with confidence.
- Meeting and working with warm and friendly like-minded people
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses whilst volunteering (by prior arrangement with the shop manager).
- A 20%discount on donated goods.
- Being avolunteer for the British Red Cross means that you can proudly say you are part of the world's largest humanitarian organisation, and one of our 13 million volunteers across the world.
About the organisation
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts.
We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network and we refuse to ignore people in crisis.