Care Assistant - Hourly Paid - Mileage Paid - 4023
We are seeking patient, caring people for Care Assistant roles in the region.
- Mileage paid (Domiciliary)
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Free Training
- Holiday Allowance
- Be part of a fantastic fun team
- Excellent Rates of Pay – up to £9.15 (Depending on time/day/hours worked)
- Full or Part-Time hours available, flexible
The Care Assistant Role:
To provide assistance in Clients Homes in the Dunstable, Houghton Regis Areas and Surrounding Villages or Residential Care Home settings in Beds, Herts or Bucks areas, ensuring service users receive safe, individualised and effective standards of care as directed by senior management.
Personal & Social Care Tasks:
- Bathing in the bathroom, chair or whilst in bed, to include essential aspects of personal hygiene, dignity and respect.
- Assist in the management of continence of the bladder or bowel.
- Assist with dressing and undressing, ensuring freedom of choice by the service users, showing dignity and respect at all times.
- Assist with mobility and transfers, using any specialised equipment correctly and in accordance with moving and handling techniques.
- Assist with drinking, feeding and meal times.
- Assist with therapeutic programmes, designed under medical direction.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for those who require constant supervision and assistance.
- Complete personal care plans relating to individual service.
Domestic Care Tasks:
- Making and changing service user’s beds within the client’s establishment and undertaking laundry activities.
- Preparing meals and drinks; ensuring the client is provided with freedom of choice (where appropriate), that food and drink is prepared in accordance with basic food hygiene requirements and leaving the kitchen or preparation area clean and tidy
- Respect client establishments, such as the clients home or a residential care home.
- General domestic duties should be undertaken to the best of your ability and in accordance with the directions and requirements of senior management.
- Follow Care plans carefully.
Administration and Training:
- Document which tasks you undertake on every visit to a client’s home.
- Provide flexible cover in the event of holiday, sickness or unforeseen absences.
- Attend supervisions and appraisals.
- Complete and submit to the office, signed time sheets on a weekly basis.
- Any accidents / incidents should be reported to the Registered Manager promptly.
- Co-operate in the investigation of complaints, mishaps and accidents.
- Staff should establish good working relationships with all clients.
- Assist in the provision of statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
What we need from our team of Care Assistants:
- Car/Licence required for domically care.
- Be able to work every other weekend for domiciliary care.
- 3 months previous experience in care to work in residential care homes.
- Full pre-employment training available for suitable candidates with no experience.
Note: This Care Assistant job description is by no means exhaustive, but covers the primary duties and responsibilities that are required for a Care Assistant on a day to day and weekly basis and may be superseded at any time in line with development changes of the company and your own personal development. This Care Assistant job description is in addition to your terms and conditions of employment with us.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply by sending your CV today....!