We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring Teaching Assistant who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of the young people we teach.
As a Teaching Assistant, your responsibilities will include helping identify students for intervention, highlighting learning needs and monitoring them to evaluate and assess progress and participation and provide teachers with feedback. You will support students to engage with learning objectives and give them every opportunity to meet examination targets by planning their role in lessons, preparing resources, delivering programmes of study with small groups and running homework clubs.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for:
- A well qualified individual, ideally with a minimum of 1 year's experience or Level 2/3 NVQ
- A role model for our students, with the ability to inspire, motivate and re-engage them to achieve their potential
- Full commitment to our ethos, building Resilience, Reflectiveness, Resourcefulness and Reciprocity in all of our students
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form
Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form opened in a brand new and easily accessible state of the art campus in South Norwood in September 2018. Providing an outstanding vocational education, the sixth form prepares students for skills based work or transition to university for students in Croydon and surrounding boroughs. Integral to this new academy is an alternative provision centre, Harris Aspire, made up of both key stage 3 and key stage 4 pupils. Aspire takes a welfare driven, pastoral approach to supporting students in reframing attitudes to education, without sacrificing educational progress and attainment. Utilising a rich curriculum which blends both academic and vocational subjects, teachers and a range of therapeutic professionals work as one team to break down barriers to education whilst supporting the intellectual, emotional and social development of the pupils in our care.
Why work at Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form?
- The opportunity to be part of a brand new academy for young people in Croydon and the surrounding areas
- State-of-the-art facilities for each course, with modern classrooms and learning suites
- Excellent prospects for personal and professional development as the academy grows
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation. We have transformed standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining the Harris Federation. Social mobility is the Holy Grail for the pupils we serve. The key to their futures is a high quality education.
We want every child in London to have the best possible education, enabling them to fulfil their potential and decide their own future.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief