Housekeeping Supervisor - Flackwell Heath
To be responsible for and take an active role in the supervision of the Housekeeping Team. To ensure rotas are covered, dealing with daily requests and adequate supplies are available.
To participate in the provision of a standard of hygiene and cleanliness across the college buildings.
- To update the Estates and Facilities Deputy weekly on progress made or issues encountered.
- To assist with monthly Audits ensuring all areas within the College are covered and to College standards.
- To make necessary changes as required from the results of the audits
- The observation of Health & Safety guidelines at all times is a critical element of this role.
- To deal with any complaints relating to cleaning keeping the Estates & Facilities Deputy informed.
- To ensure all duties are completed in the time provided to a high standard and follow the work schedule for areas to be cleaned.
- To clean all specified areas within the time allocated and to the standard required.
- To ensure daily and weekly periodic tasks are carried out as required.
- Demonstrate full working knowledge of all cleaning materials and equipment.
- The use handle transport ensuring this is equipment is stored correctly and safely at all times.
- To be aware of material expenditure.
- To maintain any records as requested by Estates & Facilities Deputy.
- To report faulty or damaged equipment to the Estates & Facilities Deputy.
- To wear appropriate protective clothing as necessary.
- To comply with health & safety policies.
- To use appropriate lifting, carrying and transporting techniques for heavy or difficult items.
- To follow the sound and safe working practice for electrical equipment, materials and agents at all times.
- To ensure maximum efficiencies within the operation, flexibility is essential. You will be required to assist in other areas.
2. GENERAL DUTIES:
- Actively promote and market the College and present a positive image of the College and its activities both within and outside the College environment.
- Ensure the quality standards and performance measures applying to the work of the section are met and facilitate continuous improvements in all aspects of the post.
- Undergo any self-development and training as necessary for success in the role.
- Carry out any duties at all times in accordance with the College’s policies including Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety Policies.
- Incorporate into the role the philosophy, values and behaviour stated in the College mission and Strategic Plan.
- Promote within the College a positive approach to security and discipline.
- Undertake any other responsibilities commensurate with the grade of the post, which the Principal or their senior management representative may from time to time require.