Our client, a luxury high fashion athleisure brand is looking for a Garment Technologist to join their successful team.
Briefly the role involves:
- Reporting & working closely with Product Development / Production Manager. You will also be working with company founder and designer on the product development.
- Help with all technical information required by PD to complete all new product TECH PACKS for manufacturers and suppliers
- Organize fit sessions. Make sure garments are measured and ready for fit session, are to a high standard, gathering and communicating information to suppliers with photos, comments after each fit session
- Organising wearer trials to ensure garments perform well as well as look great. An understanding of the fabrics used in ranges, and how to care / wash and wear test these garments.
- Working with PD ensuring samples are on time and in line with critical path
- Checking of samples throughout development process, always making sure the product is of the best standard and quality
- QA check of production quality when required
- Communicating with external and internal teams.
- Experience working with seamless / cut & sew garments;
- Thorough experience working within sportswear fabrics and garment construction methods
- Knowledge of pattern cutting, grading and fitting
- Full understanding of production methods;
- Knowledge of quality issues and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication across all levels, both internally and externally
- Great organisational skills
- Experience with computer software adobe – illustrator, excel & word
- Eye for detail